Comodo anti-virus software falsely identifies and quarantines ck2.exe (the main game file) as infected. If ck2.exe is not present in the CK2 directory this is the problem, you will get a JIT (Just-in-time) error as seen in this thread. You will have to rescue ck2.exe from quarantine back to where it belongs, and flag it and ck2game.exe with Comodo as trusted Files.
Articles in this section
- Avast! Antivirus crashes the game
- Black flags in-game
- Coat of Arms displays nothing but black color
- Comodo anti-virus detects CK2.exe as infected/malicious
- Crusader Kings 2 crashing at "Loading Graphics"
- Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords doesn't appear in DLC list
- d3dx9_41.dll (or similar) is missing
- Game crashes on first launch and DLC not working on second attempt
- How to roll back to any older Version
- Installing for first time messages keep appearing every time I start the game