Avast! anti-virus software has been known to cause miscellaneous crashes and other such issues. The solution is to create specific exceptions in Avast! for ck2.exe , ck2game.exe, and importantly the whole Documents/CK2 folder so that writes to it are unimpeded.
Articles in this section
- Avast! Antivirus crashes the game
- Black flags in-game
- Coat of Arms displays nothing but black color
- Comodo anti-virus detects CK2.exe as infected/malicious
- Crusader Kings 2 crashing at "Loading Graphics"
- Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords doesn't appear in DLC list
- d3dx9_41.dll (or similar) is missing
- Game crashes on first launch and DLC not working on second attempt
- How to roll back to any older Version
- Installing for first time messages keep appearing every time I start the game