When playing a game, you want to make sure the right GPU(Graphics Card) is used for maximum performance. Some systems, but especially laptops, are equipped with an Intel Graphics Chipset and a dedicated Graphics Card/Chipset. In those cases, the system not always automatically chooses the best GPU for the game.
If you have an Nvidia Graphics Card:
- Right click on the desktop and select 'NVIDIA Control Panel'
- Go to 'Manage 3D settings'
- Make sure you're on the Global Settings tab
- Click on the drop-down menu next to 'Your preferred graphics processor'
- Choose 'High End Nvidia Processor'