If your Mods or Playsets won’t load in the Launcher, it is usually because of a problem with antivirus and ransomware protection software.
- Try adding the path to your game executable and launcher executable (.exe) to the exceptions list of your antivirus software.
This could be for example under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\binaries\ck3.exe
- For Windows Defender, you can follow these instructions to do that.
- For Avast, you can follow these instructions.
- For Bit Defender, you can follow these instructions.
Alternatively, you could try closing your antivirus and its live scanner functionality temporarily.
If this doesn't work please give the following a go:
- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/GAME/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/GAME/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/GAME/launcher-v2.sqlite
- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you